Date and Time:
Sep 24 2020 - 02:00pm to 04:00pm EDT
Many governments accept credit and debit card payments for the variety of taxes and fees imposed on citizens and users. In the public sector there are a variety of special considerations that must be addressed if governments wish to accept credit and debit cards as payment methods.
Some of the key considerations related to accepting credit and debit cards include:
In addition, governments must be aware of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security requirements and the general fraud and security risks associated with accepting credit cards.
- Whether cards can be accepted for all or some government services
- Understanding the costs and rules that are in place for governments to accept credit/debit cards
- Managing upgrades and opportunities presented through technology changes
This session will provide attendees with insights from industry experts, case studies, and discussion questions focused on the numerous issues related to accepting credit and debit card payments that are in play for governments of all sizes and types.
- Understand options that governments have for collecting payments by credit and debit cards, including vendor selection
- Learn how fees and charges are applied and how other governments have addressed these challenges
- Understand how credit card payments can be done in-person and taken online through various methods and systems
- Identify major risks and PCI compliance standards associated with accepting credit card payments
- Monitor current issues and updates to any regulations, standards, technology, and market trends
Field of Study: Management Services
CPE Credits: 2
Member Price: $85.00
Non-Member Price: $160.00
Who Will Benefit:
Treasury office professionals who handle receivables and want to learn more about credit/debit card payments.
Once registered you will access this LMS Class at learn.gfoa.org
Please use a modern browser like Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge, or Safari on Apple systems to access your class on the GFOA Learning Management System - learn.gfoa.org
Internet Explorer does not support all the required features of the LMS or other modern web sites which will lead to a poor experience for you.