Those who successfully complete this seminar should be able to:
Field of Study: Finance
- Learn the basic structure of a government budget (i.e., funds, departments, accounts, programs, projects, etc.) and how budgeting principles relate to accounting and financial reporting.
- Understand why budgeting is important and the connection to long-term planning and performance management.
- Learn how to perform basic revenue and expenditure analysis.
- Understand the various methods local governments use to develop a budget.
- Learn techniques for personnel budgeting and capital budgeting.
- Identify strategies for public engagement.
- Develop strategies for effective communication and presentation of the budget.
- Identify methods to monitor and evaluate budgetary performance.
- Learn about GFOA’s Fiscal First Aid techniques and how to balance the budget in a recession.
May 3, 2021 - 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm ET
May 4, 2021 - 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm ET
May 5, 2021 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm ET
May 10, 2021 - 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm ET
May 11, 2021 - 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm ET
May 12, 2021 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm ET
Member Price: $490.00
Non-member Price: $980.00