Governmental Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting 2020 Edition Soft cover and E-Book
(1,084 pages; Soft cover)
GFOA e-books are digital, downloadable versions of publications. Our e-books can be downloaded and read on a variety of devices, such as a PC, Mac, or mobile device with
e-reader applications. Once downloaded, access to the Internet is not required to read
e-books. GFOA e-books are digitally rights protected by Adobe® and carry specific use
attributes. The file format is EPUB. Once available, an e-mail will be sent to the purchaser
from email@example.com with instructions to download and install the e-book file.
GFOA has published Governmental Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (GAAFR or “Blue Book”) for the past 85 years with hundreds of thousands of copies sold.
What you’ll find in this new edition:
- Updates for 25 GASB Statements and 9 Implementation Guides issued since the 2012 GAAFR, including: Pensions, OPEB, Fair Value, Tax Abatements, Fiduciary Activities, Leases
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) literature references changed to cite the GASB Codification
- New/expanded chapters on Fair Value and Investments and on Environmental Obligations
- Reordered accounting and financial reporting chapters for a more logical flow: Concepts → Basic Financial Statements, including Note Disclosures → RSI → Other Supplementary Information in the financial section of a CAFR → complete CAFR
- Increased use of illustrative journal entries, including for pension and OPEB, defeasances using existing resources, irrevocable split-interest agreements, leases (lessor and lessee)
- Updated derivative reference rates to Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) and Effective Federal Funds Rate (EFFR) in place of LIBOR
- Explanation of answers to the review questions moved to the end of each chapter, immediately following the questions
The GAAFR is designed to serve as:
- A comprehensive introduction to public-sector accounting and auditing for experienced financial professionals new to state and local government;
- A practical introduction to governmental accounting and auditing for new staff members;
- A practical reference tool for accounting and auditing staff; and
- A practice-oriented textbook for college-level classes and seminars on governmental accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
This edition has been updated to incorporate all of the guidance of the GASB through GASB Statement No. 91, as well as GFOA’s current best practices on accounting, auditing, and financial reporting.
- LOC no. 2020902410
- ISBN 978-0-89125-010-4
- $249 members | $369 nonmembers
Discounted member price:
You could save